APRIL 15 - MAY 1, 2016
at Manhattan Repertory Theatre,
303 West 42nd St. NYC
So we are listening! Many playwrights and producers over the years have been asking for a way to get a percentage of the ticket sales for their productions.
So we are trying something really fun that has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE in Midtown Manhattan - 100% of the ticket sales goes back to the Playwright/Producer of each participating show!
100% of the gross ticket sales! Manhattan Rep gets no percentage of the ticket sales!
And you can choose what you want the ticket price to be! If you sell 100 tickets at $20, you make an even $2000.00! If you sell 150 tickets at $15, you make $2,250.00. If you sell $150 tickets at $20, you take home $3000.00!
We are only accepting 10 plays into this new and exciting theatrical event!
All plays must be 60 minutes or less with simple sets which can be easily struck.
Each play receives:
- 3 performances over two weeks.
- 1 - Two hour Tech rehearsal in the theatre
- 1 - 90 minute Dress rehearsal (on a different day from you tech) in the theatre
- Venue manager to help out with all.
- A page on Manhattan Rep’s website with all the information about your play.
- Promotion about this Event and more!
- Tickets will be paid for and reserved online through our ticketing provider.
- Your Producing Team decides the ticket price.
All productions need to be NON-EQUITY. (No exceptions)
You DON’T need to have an entirely new cast to perform here like at some other theaters in NYC.
You can easily come and perform your play on 42nd St in the heart of the theatrical world, with parking next door, and Broadway plays a half a block away. Where Agents and Broadway Producers can easily attend!!!
And we are accepting Play Productions from all over the world!
You will be responsible for:
- Casting the play
- Directing the play,
- Outside rehearsal space for rehearsal.
- Any additional production costs for props and costumes etc. etc.
- A Technician to run the sound and lights (Or you can hire one of ours for a very reasonable price!)
- A ticket person to take tickets and check in your audience. (Our Venue manager will be there to help with seating.)
- Programs for your play.
Manhattan Repertory Theatre on 42nd and 8th Ave holds 46 seats, plus 4 standing room for a total of 50 people per performance.
To submit your 60 minute or less play, please email,
- The complete the play as a .pdf file,
- a synopsis of the play,
- the character breakdown,
- the set and lighting requirements,
- the play's production history (if it has been produced before and where)
- your mailing address,
- and a creative team leader contact email address and phone number,
firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2016.
Please put "42nd St Spring Play Spectacular" in the subject heading
Plays that we love will be accepted on a First-Come First-Served basis.
The earlier you submit the better chances you have of being accepted for we will probably end submissions before March 21, 2015, for we are sure to fill up fast!
Once accepted, there is an $875.00 Non-Refundable participation fee.
If you have any questions about Manhattan Repertory Theatre’s 42nd St. Spring Play Spectacular please email us at: email@example.com
This is going to be fun!